The Blueflame wastewater treatment plant is a domestic and commercial system that offers an extremely efficient and unobtrusive means of sewage management disposal. The Biodigester is a three-stage wastewater treatment plant. The bioreactor incorporates unique features to ensure simplicity and efficiency of operation. It meets the standard of environmental impact assessment (E.I.A), a requirement for all construction projects.
Available in a range of sizes.
We are flexible to construct any size from 4000 liters depending on the population
This wastewater treatment plant is designed to replace the old septic system by holistically providing the following client and environmental advantages.
- It’s eco-friendly.
- It does not require frequent exhaustion and drainage.
- Its effluent is clean water that can be recyclable to the environment i.e. cleaning, to the stormwater drainage, to the streams, rivers or use in the garden.
- It can fit any available space from 2m sq.
- No need for separating water from the toilet and bathroom and kitchen
- It can run on both 3 phase and 2 phase.
- Very low electric consumption
- Very clean effluent giving 11mg/liter BOD and 7mg/L Ammoniacal Nitrogen
- Very Quiet operation
- Gravity and pumped outlet options
- Alarms are standard
- 5-year tank warranty
- Can be designed to be installed above ground if required
- It can be designed to be MOBILE wastewater treatment systems for disaster areas, temporary construction sites, etc.
- Can be made to suit any drain depth
- Sludge Return facility enables holiday absences and denitrification
HOW BLUEFLAME BIOLOGICAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT WORKS
Primary Settlement Tank (chamber 1 and 2)
Raw sewage enters the primary settlement tank, it’s designed to maximize the removal of gross and suspended solids prior to the transfer of the settled effluent to the 2nd stage for treatment. The primary settlement tank also incorporates a sludge storage volume (based on full load) depending on the dislodge periods as identified for individual applications. Most of the indigestible waste (sanitary pads, nylon papers, baby diapers, etc.) are trapped in this chamber, it plays a role of grease and fats trap.
Biodigester Biozone (chamber 3 and 4)
This chamber design depends on the effluent end-use.
- For recycling or taking water back to open environment i.e. to the river via stormwater, this stage utilizes BAF technology (biological aerated filter) which incorporates two proven principles of biological process in the form of a fixed film reactor for process stability and a suspended floc dispersed growth system for high transfer rates and operational control, to ensure a stable treatment process which is largely unaffected by shock loads. Air is blown in from the blower unit. The sewage treatment process incorporates a submerged plastic media on which a fixed film of friendly, sewage digesting bacteria grows. This film feeds on the sewage liquor passed from the settlement tank and is provided with oxygen by means of a small blower unit which aerates the media through HDPE membrane diffusers to provide fine bubble aeration. The action of the fine bubble aeration is carefully controlled to provide optimum oxygen transfer rates. It also gives a scouring action to slough off excess biomass to keep the thickness of the fixed biological film at optimum levels, ensuring maximum sewage treatment process efficiency. The fact that the media remains submerged allows for an element of suspended floc dispersed growth, which basically means that there will be bacteria which is unfixed to the media.
- Where water is to be taken to leaching lands for soakage.
In this case, the aeration process is omitted this means no electricity required to run this system. Most of the digestible sludge settles in this stage as a suspended wall that separates the two-chamber allows. This stage is airtight to provide optimum conditions for anaerobic digestion to take place. Bacterial inoculant is required to be introduced, anaerobic reaction formulated enzymes also required to catalyze the reaction and anaerobic bacteria multiplication.
Final Settlement Tank (chamber 5)
The final settlement tank is designed to ensure that relevant surface areas and rise rates are achieved to provide maximum settlement of any suspended solids prior to discharge. TheBlueflame biodigester system also incorporates continuous and automatically timed humus sludge return systems to return humus sludge from the final settlement tank, back to the primary settlement tank. This is the special function that ‘feeds’ the bacteria whilst you are away on holiday. Additionally, this sewage system also provides for continuous recycling of treated effluent back to the P.S.T. to not only provide dilution of incoming wastewater but to also ensure continuous flow during periods of low or no flow, thereby keeping the biomass in prime condition. It also enables denitrification, further reducing the ammonia in the final effluent. Clean water exits the tank via the outlet to the leaching lands
Disinfection stage (Chamber 6) (UV disinfection)
This stage water is exposed to UV light The UVC radiation emitted has a strong bactericidal effect. It is absorbed by the DNA, destroys its structure, and inactivates living cells.
Microorganisms such as viruses, bacteria, yeasts, and fungi are rendered harmless within seconds by UV radiation.
If the irradiance is high enough, UV disinfection is a reliable and environmentally-friendly method eliminating the need for chemicals. Moreover, microorganisms cannot become resistant to UV radiation.
OUR MECHANICAL BIOLOGICAL WATER TREATMENT PLANT PROJECTS
- Accel housing cooperative society 3000 liters ……. Thindigua
- Lyne apartment 24000 liters……Ruaka
- The Moon apartment 60000 liters…… Ruaka
- total petrol station 24000 liters ………Kabati along Nairobi Nyeri high way
And many others all over the country.